Monday, January 22, 2007

Fred Thompson Reaganesque?

I commented in a recent post A History Lesson for Conservative Kids - that a John Zogby poll concluded that the Nation Now Needs a New Reagan. They also concluded that Hillary is the most Reaganesque which tells me the poll was flawed and I should find another topic.

But this did not sit well with me.

I also commented in a recent post Obama, Madressa Education. Class or No Class that we can only hope a conservative with some star power emerges.

When I thought about these two posts together - I came to one conservative conclusion.

Rudy Guiliani has star power, but he has a lot of baggage and his social ideology will not sit will with the Christian Conservatives. McCain lacks energy and charisma. Fred Thompson is conservative. He's an actor. He has charisma and a sense of humor. Who is more Reaganesque than Fred Thompson?

Conservative Kids say Run Fred Run.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Never use the words "Reaganesque" and "Hillary" in the same sentence without first handing out barf-bags.

It will be interesting who steps up to the plate opposing Hillary on the Republican side.

Personally, I think Fred is too smart - he won't go through the hell that a presidential campaign entails.

Conservative Dad said...

I agree, the life of an actor is much more appealing than leading the USA in these troubling times. But he just may be what we need. Maybe with help from the blogosphere and a little divine intervention - Fred will wake up one morning and say. I do not want to do this, but my country needs me.