Saturday, April 21, 2007

Time to Ban Video Games and Clowns?

Violent video games need to be banned to prevent tragedies like the mass murders at Virginia Tech this week. That’s the opinion of The View and others this week.

I am not a fan of violent video games. I limit my kids access to these games as much as a parent can without being overly oppressive.

But let’s get something clear video games do not a mass murder make. Do you think that mental illness may be the cause? I do.

What violent video game did Hitler play? Doom 3
What violent video game did Ghengis Khan play? Mortal Kombat or Grand Theft Auto. Wait a minute, is this a trick question they did not have cars back then. He must have played Mortal Kombat.
Did Ted Bundy play Half Life 4?
Did David Berkowitz, The Son of Sam, play GunSlinger Girls? His reign of terror on summer nights in the 70’s happened before Atari released Pong. In fact, his dog told him to kill those lovers in cars. Let’s ban dogs. If you told me that Pong causes mental illness I would believe you.

Blip--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Blip

Blip--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Blip

John Wayne Gacy the "Killer Clown" murdered and raped 33 men in the early 70’s. Yep "Pogo The Clown" entertainer at many a kids birthday party was a mass murderer. Again, 70’s sorry no video games yet. He probably did not even play the board game SORRY.

Hey lets ban mental illness. Now there is a cause I can get behind. Oh yeah and dogs. Throw in cats to, I am allergic to them. Better ban kid party clowns. Not the clowns that are good enough to make the big show, just the loser clowns in the minor leagues.

I am all for ratings on games and I am all for parents limiting access to games that have no redeeming value. I am against government getting overly involved to ban something that will not in any way limited human minds from becoming unhinged.

No comments: