I have highlighted a few from his past voting record:
- Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
- Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
- Voted YES on prioritizing national debt reduction below tax cuts. (Apr 2000)
- Voted YES on Balanced-budget constitutional amendment. (Mar 1997)
- Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
- Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
- Voted YES on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)
- Voted NO on banning affirmative action hiring with federal funds. (Jul 1995)
- Voted YES on limiting death penalty appeals. (Apr 1996)
- Voted YES on limiting product liability punitive damage awards. (Mar 1996)
- Voted YES on restricting class-action lawsuits. (Dec 1995)
- Voted YES on allowing more foreign workers into the US for farm work. (Jul 1998)
- Voted YES on visas for skilled workers. (May 1998)
- Voted YES on limit welfare for immigrants. (Jun 1997)
- Voted YES on eliminating the 'marriage penalty'. (Jul 2000)
- Voted YES on across-the-board spending cut. (Oct 1999)
- Voted YES on requiring super-majority for raising taxes. (Apr 1998)
Strongly Favors: School Choice Vouchers; Gun Rights; Increased Spending on Military
Favors: Affirmative Action, Teaching Family Values in School; Privatize Social Security; Death Penalty; Decrease in Taxes on Wealthy; Free Trade; Stricter limits on campaign funding.
Opposes: More federal funding for health care.
No Strong Opinion: Immigration; Patriot Act Harming Civil Liberties
For a more complete analysis click Fred Thompson on the Issues.
All in all a good choice for the future of Conservative Kids.